Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups of zucchini, diced into matchsticks
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of grated Asiago cheese
- Fresh pepper and salt
- 8 oz. of vine ripe tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, then pour in oil into a large skillet and place over medium-low heat.
- Add in the onions, stir, and cook for about ten minutes, until golden. Then, add in the zucchini, raise the heat to medium high and add in pepper and salt. Cook for an additional three minutes, while stirring, until the moisture is dried up.
- Next, whisk the egg whites, eggs, pepper, salt, and Asiago in a medium bowl. Transfer the mixture into the skillet and ensure you cover the vegetables with it. Next, place the tomatoes on it. Season with pepper and salt.
- Cook for about two minutes, and when the edges start to set, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about eighteen minutes, until cooked completely.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 189mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.