Do you pass Five Guys regularly and wonder if they have keto options? Do you sometimes have the urge to go in and order anyway? Luckily this guide will show you all your options and help you choose the best Five Guys keto meal for you!
Five Guys has an amazing nutrition guide where they list the macros for each ingredient. It helps those on a ketogenic diet know exactly what they are consuming and not have any guilt while they do so!
The great thing about Five Guys is that you can order the protein you want and customize it with keto-friendly extras, such as onions, lettuce, pickles, hot sauce, and more!
So if your mouth is watering for Five Guys – don’t wait any longer. Check out this handy guide on the top 10 Five Guys keto options and go grab yourself a well-deserved Five Guys burger or hot dog!
Tips to Order Keto at Five Guys
- Skip the bun that comes with burgers and hotdogs. (Asking for no bun ensures no waste and saves you the hassle of removing it from your meal and throwing it out). It’s better to say, “No bun with my meal, please!”
- Ask for a lettuce wrap (which is not advertised on the menu) or to have your meal in a bowl with no bun!
- Skip the fries – they are a no-no for all keto dieters!
- As a side, grab some peanuts (which they usually offer as complimentary while you wait) instead of their regular fries side!
- As tempting as they may be, don’t order any milkshakes or sugary drinks. Choose water or diet sodas instead!
- After you choose your meat, choose your favorite low-carb toppings to complete your meal sans bun!
- If you are craving more meat, instead of ordering another burger, just ask them to add a patty and save some money!
- Order hot sauce and/or mustard if you want 0 calories and 0 carbs.
- Ketchup has a lot of carbs, so reconsider that option if you want a keto-friendly meal.
- Other sauces to avoid at all costs include the Bar-B-Que sauce and A1 sauce!
- If the menu says “sugar-free”, be sure to check their online nutrition guide anyway. Its nutrition guide is comprehensive and keto-friendly!
- If you doubt anything on the menu and can’t be sure, it’s better to just leave it out. Better safe than sorry!
- Pro Tip: When you order a bacon cheeseburger, you can add extra cheese and bacon for free! If you attempt to add extra bacon or cheese to a regular hamburger, you will get charged for it. But try it the next time you get a bacon cheeseburger!
Top 10 Five Guys Keto Options
1. Hamburger – with no bun
Ask for a hamburger with no bun. You can get it as a lettuce wrap or in a (tin) bowl. And there are numerous toppings you can add according to your preference. There is a detailed and comprehensive nutrition guide in the next section so you know just how many carbs are in each of the toppings and sauces.
2. Cheeseburger – with no bun
The cheeseburger comes with the same hamburger patty as above and with two slices of American cheese. Again, ask for no bun and opt for a bowl or lettuce wrap. You can add whatever toppings and sauces you desire to create your healthy cheeseburger bowl for lunch!
3. Bacon Cheeseburger – with no bun
This item is quite possibly the best value on the menu! It comes with two burger patties, two slices of American cheese, and two slices of crispy bacon. Skip the bun and ask for a bowl instead. And remember the pro tip from above? You can ask for extra cheese and bacon at no extra charge! This only works for the bacon cheeseburger, so don’t ask for extra bacon on the (next) bacon burger! Add extra cheese and bacon with a healthy serving of all your favorite toppings, and you’ll be full in no time!
4. Bacon Burger – with no bun
The Bacon Burger comes with two regular patties and four pieces of smoked bacon. Instead of the bun, you can get it wrapped in lettuce and add all the toppings your heart desires! No guilt eating here!!
5. Little Hamburger – with no bun
If you’re not feeling a large meal and want more of a snack, the Little Hamburger comes with just one patty instead of two. You can customize it with any toppings, such as jalapenos, grilled mushrooms, and tomatoes, and enjoy your mid-day snack!
6. Little Cheeseburger – with no bun
Like the previous one, the Little Cheeseburger comes with one patty but has two slices of American cheese! If you’re in the mood for a snack, this option with no bun can still hit the spot with the help of keto-friendly toppings and sauces!
7. Little Bacon Burger – with no bun
This option gets you one patty and two slices of smoked bacon on top. Hold the bun for a keto-friendly meal! And add whatever free toppings you’re craving to complete your snack or meal!
8. Little Bacon Cheeseburger – with no bun
This item comes with a burger patty, 2 slices of American cheese, and bacon! Classic, small, and delivers! You can add whatever keto toppings to fulfill your Five Guys craving! Look in the next section to see how many carbs and calories are in your favorite toppings!
9. Bacon Cheese Dog – with no bun
If you’re not feeling a burger, you can choose to order a hot dog! This Bacon Cheese Dog comes with American cheese and crispy smoked bacon. Skip the hot dog bun and ask for it in a bowl. Now all you have to do is choose your free toppings to finish ordering your delicious meal!
10. Bacon Dog – with no bun
If you’re not a fan of cheese, you can order the bacon dog with no bun! In a bowl, this option comes with a hot dog and a layer of smoked bacon. You can add keto-friendly toppings and sauces to enjoy a delicious keto meal!
Burger and Hotdog Meat + Toppings
Curious to know the nutrients in the meat and toppings before you go ahead and order? We got you covered. Here is your go-to list of Five Guys meats and toppings nutrition info so you can make the best and healthiest choices.
- Hamburger Patty: 220 calories | 17g fat | 0 carbs | 16g protein
- Hot Dog: 240 calories | 20g fat | 2g carbs | 11g protein
- Bacon (2 slices): 80 calories | 7g fat | 0 carbs | 4g protein
- Cheese: 70 calories | 6g fat | 1g carbs | 4g protein
- Jalapeno Peppers: 3 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Green Peppers: 3 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Grilled Mushrooms: 19 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Lettuce: 3 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Onions: 11 calories | 0g fat | 2g carbs | 0g protein
- Pickles: 4 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Tomatoes: 8 calories | 0g fat | 2g carbs | 0g protein
- Hot Sauce: 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0 protein
- A1 Sauce: 15 calories | 0g fat | 3g carbs | 0g protein
- Ketchup: 30 calories | 0g fat | 5g carbs | 0g protein
- Mayonnaise: 100 calories | 11g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Mustard: 0 calories | 0g fat | 0g carbs | 0g protein
- Relish: 16 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 0g protein
If you didn’t already know before this, Five Guys has so many ways to customize your meat that you can eat a healthy, balanced keto meal any time you crave some fast food! Five Guys is notorious for its burgers and fries, which may seem like a nightmare for those on a ketogenic diet. But if you examine the menu carefully, you will see that it is quite keto-friendly!
In this article, we gave you the top 10 keto options at Five Guys and gave you tips on ordering them! We also list all the meats, toppings, and sauces with their nutrition information, so that you can choose your favorite toppings and know exactly how many carbs and calories you are taking in for lunch or dinner!
You never have to feel guilty eating at Five Guys again, now that you know exactly what and how many carbs you are consuming. Compared to other fast food joints, Five Guys has a very simple menu that is easy to order from and very keto-friendly. Enjoy your burger and hot dog guilt-free from now on!