Last Updated on
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar\
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder (optional)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Set the instant pot to sauté function and add in onions and olive oil into the pot. Cook the onions until translucent, about seven minutes. Then add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, mix the butternut squash, brown sugar, vegetable broth, ground black pepper, curry, and ginger in a pot. Close the instant pot and lock it. Set the pressure to high and cook for ten minutes.
- Release pressure using the quick release option. Unlock the lid and transfer the contents of the pot into an immersion blender. Blend the contents of the blender until creamy.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 45mgSodium 924mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.