Wingstop is a chicken wing spot that most ketogenic folks don’t typically frequent because its main attraction is well… fried chicken! They offer sauced-up wings or dry rub flavors that range from mild to hot, sweet or savory. But do they have keto-friendly options?
If you crave Wingstop chicken and have held yourself back because you’re unsure of the keto options, fear no more! Taking a deep dive into the menu and its nutritional information, you will see that when there is a will, there is a way! You can work around the menu to choose the best keto options at Wingstop and still have a good, balanced meal!
In this article, we walk you through tips on how to order keto at Wingstop, the top 10 best keto options on the menu, the nutrition information of their famous flavors and the best sides and dipping sauce to complete your meal!
Tips to Order Keto at Wingstop
- The classic bone-in wings with a side of celery or carrot sticks are the best low-carb option to order
- Limit your carbs by sticking to plain wings or one of the sauce/seasonings that are the most keto-friendly, such as mild, original hot, garlic parm, lemon pepper, or Louisiana rub!
- Boneless wings and boneless crispy tenders typically have an additional 14g of carbs per piece versus the classic bone-in jumbo chicken wings. So avoid boneless options at all costs!
- Some wing sauces have a very low carb count while others are very high – so make sure you know how much carbs are in the sauce you go with
- While dipping sauces are low carb, they are pretty high in calories. If you choose not to order a dipping sauce, you can probably order more chicken wings!
Top 10 Best Wingstop Keto Options
Tired of always buying plain, drab flavors at fast-food restaurants? You can excite your taste buds by choosing flavor-packed chicken wings at Wingstop with the same carb count as the plain wings! Here are the top 10 best Wingstop low-carb options for all keto dieters!
1. Mild Wings (2 jumbo wings) = 190 calories | 1g carbs
If you’re not in the mood for too much flavor and want something toned down, get the Mild Wings! The calories and carbs are relatively low for 2 jumbo wings, so add a few more and more half a dozen, and you’ll feel full fast while consuming limited carbs!
2. Atomic Wings (2 jumbo) = 140 calories | 1g carbs
If you love the heat, the Atomic Wings are the hottest you can get at Wingstop! Packed with low calories and carbs, this is a clear winner for spice-loving ketogenic dieters!
3. Garlic Parmesan (2 jumbo) = 100 calories | 2g carbs
This flavor is for those who don’t like spice but love the savory taste of garlic and buttery parmesan! This dry rub is simple, delicious, and ultimately very low in terms of calories and carbs. So add a few more wings and call it a balanced keto meal!
4. Hawaiian (2 jumbo) = 160 calories | 5g carbs
The Hawaiian flavors at Wingstop are a sweet and tangy blend of island citrus, fused with rich, decadent Asian flavors. It is a little higher than some other flavors when it comes to calories and carbs, so if you want to try these, maybe order 2 jumbo wings and pair it with a mix of some other lower-carb flavors!
5. Mango Habanero (2 jumbo) = 160 calories | 6g carbs
Bring on the heat with Mango Habanero! This flavor is sweet but has a heat punch to it! If you love spice and a rollercoaster of flavor, you can’t go wrong with this one. But since it is higher in calories and carbs than the other flavors, we recommend only getting 2 jumbo wings of this flavor and mixing and matching with some dry rub flavors with lower carbs!
6. Original Hot Wings (12 jumbo wings) = 840 calories | 6g carbs
One of the most popular on the menu, the Original Hot is full of heat and tang. It’s referred to as the OG for a reason! This flavor is one that has the least amount of calories and carbs per piece! So go crazy and order 12 jumbo wings without feeling any guilt about the carbs you’re consuming because it’s so little!
7. Lemon Pepper Wings (6 jumbo wings) = 570 calories | 6g carbs
The most popular flavor on the menu – the Lemon Pepper is not spicy but comes with a punch of zesty lemon flavor and cracked black pepper. This dry rub is the best to try if you’re new to Wingstop! Since the calories are very low in this flavor, try getting 6 jumbo wings. You’ll feel full and don’t have to worry about calories or carbs!
8. Cajun Wings (6 jumbo) = 420 calories | 3g carbs
Cajun wings are for spice lovers! They are tossed in Original Hot sauce and dusted with bold and zesty Cajun seasoning! So if you’re in the mood for a spice adventure all while maintaining low calories and carbs, choose 6 of these jumbo wings and treat yourself!
Sides & Dip:
9. Veggie Sticks (1 serving) = 31 calories | 7g carbs
These should be your go-to side! Don’t be tempted to buy fries as that is not keto-friendly. If you want to consume even fewer calories and carbs, order just celery sticks instead of carrots and celery together!
10. Ranch dip (1 serving) = 310 calories | 2g carbs
Ranch dip is less in carbs compared to Blue Cheese. While they have the same amount of calories, the Ranch dip does have less fat and carbs. So if you’re choosing the best keto-friendly dip, go for the Ranch. But if you want to be keto-friendly, skip the dip altogether!
Wingstop Jumbo Wing Flavors
Now that you know the top 10 best Wingstop keto options, here is a list of the 10 best Jumbo Wing flavors listed with all their nutrition information! These are all low-carb (the top being the most and the bottom being the least) and will help you the next time you want to order wings but don’t know which are the most keto-friendly
The nutrition information is for 2 jumbo chicken wings:
- Plain: 140 calories | 8g fat | 1g carbs | 15g protein
- Original Hot: 140 calories | 8g fat | 1g carbs | 15g protein
- Atomic: 140 calories | 8g fat | 1g carbs | 15g protein
- Cajun: 140 calories | 8g fat | 1g carbs | 15g protein
- Mild: 190 calories | 14g fat | 1g carbs | 15g protein
- Lemon Pepper: 190 calories | 14g fat | 2g carbs | 15g protein
- Louisiana Rub: 190 calories | 14g fat | 2g carbs | 15g protein
- Garlic Parmesan: 200 calories | 15g fat | 2g carbs | 16g protein
- Hawaiian: 160 calories | 8g fat | 5g carbs | 15g protein
- Mango Habanero: 160 calories | 8g fat | 6g carbs | 15g protein
If you are buying 6 wings, multiply the numbers in the nutrition guide by 3.
If you are buying 12 wings, multiply the numbers by 6.
Best Sides / Dipping Sauce / Drinks
The best keto-friendly sides at Wingstop are:
- Celery (4 sticks): 5 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbs | 0g protein
- Carrots (4 sticks): 17 calories | 0g fat | 4g carbs | 0g protein
The best low-carb dipping sauces at Wingstop are:
- Ranch: 310 calories | 33g fat | 2g carbs | 1g protein
- Blue Cheese: 310 calories | 32g fat | 3g carbs | 3g protein
The best low-carb drinks to order are your classic water or diet soda. You can even opt for unsweetened tea! Just don’t give in and buy a regular carbonated drink as it’s packed with calories and carbs!
While at first glance, Wingstop may seem like an unreasonable choice for those on a keto diet, it has quite a few keto-friendly options. If you are craving this wings spot or your non-keto friends want to dine there, you don’t have to say no or eat little to nothing anymore!
This guide has provided you with the best keto-friendly options at Wingstop so that you can start ordering and eating food from this joint guilt-free! As long as you know your options and follow the best tips and tricks, you will always find keto options at your favorite fast food places! Bon app!